Thursday, August 30, 2012

Summer vacation

While most of you have returned to school, those of us in the north east are preparing to return next week.  My school district does not have it's teachers reporting until the day after Labor Day, and the kids two days later.  Seems so late this year!

My family spent it's last two weeks of summer on vacation!  Woo hoo!  Two weeks of family togetherness... hee hee.  We drove from New Jersey to Tampa, Florida.  Two days of in the car togetherness.  Then hopped on a seven day Carnival cruise.  Seven days at sea togetherness.  Since we were in the area, we went to Walt Disney World for three more days of Mickey-inspired togetherness.  Then two more days driving home of in the car togetherness.  Fourteen days of family time. So who's ready for school?  LOL

It feels very weird NOT to be planning for a new school year.  Especially since I started this blog.  I spend a lot of time thinking about teaching, talking about teaching, reading blogs about teaching, and planning products to post (I have three that are ALMOST done, lol) but I have no classroom to go to in September.  I took this year off after a very difficult one last year, and can't decide what I am going to do next.  I need to do something this year.  I will go NUTS sitting home.  I am NOT ready for retirement yet!  My school district will start accepting applications for substitutes in about three weeks, so I may start with that.  We shall see....

In the meantime, it's getting my own two boys ready for their year to start.  I have a brand new high schooler and we missed orientation while we were enjoying family togetherness; so I need to get him to the school, get his schedule and a map, and try to help him find all his classes.  Keeping my fingers crossed his classes are not all over the place!

Happy new school year to those already there!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment