Sunday, July 8, 2012

Kindergarten Math Common Core Standards

I have to share this new find!  And it's FREE!

While blog hopping in my free time, like what ELSE is there to do when it's 100 degrees outside BUT blog hop, I came across 3 Teacher Chicks's blog,  These three ladies teach kindergarten, second and third grade.

One of the projects I have on my to-do list is to create a "kid-friendly" poster set of the math common core standards, to be used when documenting or displaying the student's work.  Could be used for back to school nights, conferences, whenever you have people in your classroom or hallway.  At my previous job, I was required to fill a portion of our very long straight hallway with examples of learning in my classroom.  I would make simple word document, mount it on construction paper, and hang it up with the work.

Something like this: 


Yawn.


This is where we displayed the weekly graph that the 2 pre-K classes made each Monday.

In my defense I can say I did eventually get a background with bulletin board paper and a cute border.  But I can't get my hands on a good pic to show you.

But you get the idea.


So anyway, my plans were to make a kid-friendly version of each standard, make a cute poster for it, this way it looked much more exciting and fun when displayed.  Back to why I mentioned the 3 Teacher Chicks blog.  They have already made a fun and FREE kid-friendly list!  I thought I would share it with you.

Kind Math CCS with kid-friendly language

Is that not great?!  Great minds do think alike!

Kathy

Update: posters are now available at TpT!  You can find them here Common Core Posters

No comments:

Post a Comment