Saturday, July 7, 2012

One of my favorite places

Good news - our new computer has shipped!  It is expected to arrive by July 12...and in that box is my new software! I can't wait!

In the meantime, I thought I would share with everyone a place that I found quite by accident.  One day I turned on our bedroom tv, which pretty much only gets used at night, to listen to music while I did some stuff in the room.  So the tv was on a channel I don't usually watch, and playing was a show called "The Teaching Channel."  It was a one-hour show filled with short videos by teacher for teachers.  I instantly got sucked in (of course!) and at the end they showed a website for more videos.  Later that day, I got a chance to check out the site and was pretty much glued for the evening as I watched video after video.  I watched videos about the age group I was teaching, the subject I was teaching, and pretty much every one under the middle school age.

Those teachers featured gave me some awesome ideas!!  Some of my best came from a 5th grade literacy teacher, of all things.  I used a bit of this and a bit of that from different teachers, and came up with a great teaching model I used for my math classroom.

So there is the wonderful place I still frequent: Teaching Channel

They offers a play to "make notes," and even one of those cute little buttons you can add, so that you can save things from other sites back to your note area.  There are weekly newsletters you can sign up for, to let you know about new videos.

I thought today I'd share a video I found to be cute!  I am VERY into kinesthetic learning, especially for the younger classes.  I incorporated music and movement as much as possible into my daily math lessons.  I did not get to try this one out - I ran out of time at the end of the school year but I would love to know if any of you have done it, or plan on it next year.

What do you all think about this activity?  I'd love to hear what YOU think!!

Mingle & Count


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment