Saturday, July 28, 2012

Math Website to share

I have been going through my bookmarks to find some lovely blogs to pass the Leibster award onto, and happened upon this one I used in the past.  In case you have not seen it yet, I thought I would share it with you.

Math Teaching Resources for K-5

This site offers activities aligned with the Common Core Standards.  There are literacy suggestions in there too, which of course I LOVE!  In case you missed it is a previous post, I love children's literature and use books in my lessons where ever and whenever possible.

The second reason I love this website is their section on math journals.  The push to write more in math really forces the journals back into the math curriculum; there are a lot of great ideas and suggestions by grade level.  You can even purchase pre-made journals to make your life easier, or download their preview to get  yourself started.  Great to use in the beginning of the year when things are crazy!

Enjoy!

Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment